Monday, January 28, 2013

Along The Great Ocean Road

Hopetoun Falls

Wow, I know it's been awhile since I last posted but I haven't really gone anywhere or done anything to warrant a post, but I promise I will be back soon with some more of my back catalogue of unseen images.

Anyway back to my new photos and the inspiration for them!

On the weekend of 11 - 14 January 2013, I was lucky enough to find myself with a weekend off from my regular Dj duties, so decided with my lovely wife Audrey to head down the coast along the Great Ocean Road, Victoria, Australia.

We were lucky enough to be able to rent an amazing rainforest property in the Lavers Hill area on the Great Ocean Road and here it is!




Fungi

One of our first sightseeing stops was into the hinterland behind the Great Ocean Road and magnificent Otways Rainforest to Hopetoun Falls and to the Redwood Forest along the beautiful Aire River.

First Sighting of Hopetoun Falls

Aire River
Hopetoun Falls
Redwood Forest

Hopetoun Falls

 Even though the forest was non native it seemed to be thriving and was now protected. I had only once before been in a Redwood Forest and that was a long time ago in Big Sur, California, USA.

Redwood Forest

The Steps Down to Hopetoun Falls


Hopetoun Falls

After the first day of touring the Hinterland and visiting the Aire River and Hopetoun Falls, we were exhausted but looked forward to the following day when we would hit the coast.

One of the things we wanted to do was visit places along the Great Ocean Road that we had never been to before such as Johanna Beach and it was beautiful when we finally got there!

Johanna Beach


Tidal Pool, Johanna Beach
Rock Pool, Johanna Beach

Waves Crash, Johanna Beach

Beach Walkers, Johanna Beach
Seaweed, Johanna Beach

Fluffy Clouds, Johanna Beach


Yellow Seaweed, Johanna Beach

Shells, Johanna Beach

After the joy of being blown about and buffeted by the wind and waves of Johanna Beach and its surrounds, we returned home and planned our next day which was of course is an oft repeated visit to the 12 Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge areas.

Even though we were at the height of summer it was still only 17 degrees, raining at times, the wind howling and the ever occasional sunlight stream breaking through. Either way it is still awe inspiring every time I see it. Below are the results of my visit...

I hope you have enjoyed reading my Blog and the pics. Please let me know what you think and feel free to follow me by RSS and email.

Also please pass this Blog along to anyone you know who might be interested in following my Travels and Photography and remember that all images are for sale.

Thanks for your time!!

Regards,

Rob Steer

The Remaining Apostles!

Loch Ard Gorge








More Pics

No comments:

Post a Comment